Sunday, June 29, 2008

Second meal

For Duckie's second meal on Saturday, I decided to go healthy and steamed broccoli florets and carrot sticks. I just cut the broccoli so that it would have a little stem to hold on to and cut each floret in half lenghtwise. I had baby carrots and cut them into fourths lenghtwise as well. I steamed them for about 5 minutes in the micro with no salt or seasonings and then let them cool off for about 10 minutes. That was everyone's lunch that day except that The Kid and I had melted cheese and fruit. This was done more out of a need to get a quick fix lunch together rather than go all vegan or something.

Duckie took to the carrot sticks and broccoli like a champ. He definitely worked on his pincer grasp and had a better idea of what to do with the stuff in front of him this time. He loved sucking on the broccoli and I'm pretty sure that he ate several carrot sticks. But then again, The Kid was sitting next to him and thought it was funny to eat off of Duckie's tray instead of his own plate. Once Duckie was done, he let me know by complaining until I'd taken him off the chair. Yes, there was a mess but I have to admit that I wanted the mess and didn't encourage him to eat cleaner. I guess if you don't like messes, then either don't have a kid (easiest way) or teach the child some table manners from the getgo. I'll have plenty of time once he has conquered his grasp and hand eye coordination to teach him some table manners.

As you can see, I didn't start with one kind of food and waited a few days to present another one. That was all because I'm a dummy and totally let my excitement get the best of me.

No comments: