Saturday, June 28, 2008

Duckie's first food

I brought home some pesto bowtie pasta salad on 6/27 . I decided that it was going to be Duckie's first food since I was so eager to get the experiment started. I set him up in the high chair (first time ever that he sat in it) and took his shirt off. I was anticipating a mess so he was nakey but for the diaper (an aqua Fuzzi Bunz if you must know). I put three or four pieces of the bowtie pasta on his tray and watched. He was first intrigued by the slippery things and gave me a shocked look when he first got a taste. He then decided that it was good and went to town on it. I'm going to post pics when I get home tonite because it was absolutely delish to see him enjoy his food. He did not gag once and did a pretty good job of chewing his food. I ended up putting 6 more bowties on his tray and as far as I could tell, he ate about four. Well, after cleaning him up, getting what fell on the ground and was stuck to his back (don't ask); I had about four unaccounted for bowties and his diaper confirmed it later on.


All in all, it was a hit but I won't be serving that to him anytime soon since I had a greasy mess to clean up. I think that this picture just sums it all up. :)

No comments: