Wednesday, July 2, 2008

This week in feeding

On Sunday we ended up going to the pool with the peeps after church and Duckie had more broccoli and carrot sticks. I let him have a piece of my avocado since he has to get used to the taste. Again, The Kid kept stealing Duckie's food off of his tray. It was pretty uneventful with the exception that Duckie kept imitating bibi as she ate blueberries. It was funny though, she was eating the berries and he was making smacking and chewing motions right alongside her. I had my thinking cap on and didn't let him have any. I did put some Kix in his tray so that he could work on his pincer grip. Kix taste like cardboard so it was purely for the grip purpose and not for the nutrient value that I gave it to him.

I did share with some of the ladies there what I was doing and they were all shocked like. Doesn't surprise me, I rather like shocking them. You should've seen their faces when they first saw duckie sporting babylegs, they thought that he'd burned his legs or something and was wearing bandages. Duckie was sporting his green chunky monkey diaper with his name and this on the back. He was quite the stylish baby, looking much cuter than the other children running around in their sposible dipes. But I'm biased :)

No comments: